A Hair Style Tutorial with a Snood

 


Although snoods were not that common for German fashion, they are a great tool to hide modern hair when other solutions will not work. And although they were not common, I was able to source two period images of their use in my collection of magazines. Using the illustrations as my inspiration, I have a quick tutorial for you with step by step instructions. 




To start, you will need:

  • A snood (duh)
  • A fine hair net
  • bobby pins
  • Brush or comb
  • Hair filler

To achieve this look, I already brushed out my pin curl set and separated my hair into the front section and the back. The front section is smaller and goes from ear to ear. 





Next, I took some hair filler and wrapped the front section of hair around the hair filler and pinned it in place. I have fine and thin hair so I need hair filler pieces to make up for the lack of volume. 





Next, I took my extra fine hair net and coaxed the back of my hair into the net. Secure to the sides with bobby pins. Now why the extra fine hair net??? I am using this extra fine hair net to secure my hair so that it does not stick out of the snood funny. I want a smooth look with all my hair contained. This will also help in getting my hair into the snood. 




Last I took my snood and put my hair, already secured in a net, into the snood and pinned the snood into place by placing the bobby pins in an "x" shape. 




That's it!  Ta Da!





Comments