Children's Wear and Toys from 1941 & 1943

 More children's wear?! Yes! I went through some of my magazines and pulled out some more images showing children's wear because I think it would be a nice balance to offer in addition to the images in the pattern books, I have already shown you. These photos were a part of an article about caring for children in wartime and the illustrated ones are for some patterns to make children's clothes. The bright and colorful page is from 1943, it shows some knit wear and toys that the housewife could make at home using the instructions and patterns in the magazine. I think the toys are just so stinking cute! I may have to make them up myself just for the fun of it. Anyways, more examples of outfits to dress up the little ones. Of course, magazines often showed the idealized version of what they were promoting, and these images may not have reflected the reality for many. Regardless, they are great inspiration. If you are looking to dress your little one or need ideas on what playthings you can offer to them at events, I think this post can give you a good idea. Of course, like mentioned above already, these images are showing probably an idealized version of children could wear and play with but if you are looking for ideas for clothes and playthings, I hope that these images can get the ball rolling in your mind. 









Comments