A Colorful Summer look for the German Civilian

 


German civilians wore colorful clothes. It can be hard to see in photographs because they are in black and white. So how do I know that German women wore colorful clothes? By looking at original clothes. Original clothes have survived and what I've seen, some are very colorful! So, when it comes to building your own wardrobe, do not be afraid of adding a pop of your favorite color. Study original clothes and I think you will be very impressed. 


For this look, I am wearing a bright yellow cotton shirtwaist dress and I have paired it with white for an easy summer look. The dress, hat, belt are all vintage. The shoes are reproduction and the felt flower corsage is one I made. Did German women wear felt flower corsages? Yes! In fact, I have a little pattern with instructions from my 1941 fashion magazine. One of these days I will get it up here so that you too can make up a little felt flower corsage. Homemade jewelry and accessories are very 1940s, no matter if your impression is German, British, or American. More on that topic at a much later date. 









Comments