A Simple Summer Look with Separates

 


Making up a simple and budget friendly civilian look is possible, and you can look still look absolutely amazing while doing it too. Civilian looks need not be complicated, and you do not have to spend a fortune on true vintage to do it either. The look I have recreated for you today uses a mixture of vintage and more modern pieces to recreate an original photo of a lovely German woman. Below is the original photo in question. Her look is a plain white blouse with a high neckline and long sleeves. Her skirt is a dark material. She does not wear any jewelry or any head wear. Her hair is curled, center parted, and very simply dressed. She also does not wear any gloves or accessories of any kind. Her look would also be perfect for someone trying to cover up modern tattoos by the way. 

Before I dive into my interpretation, let's take a look at our inspiration:


Now for what I did. Going through my closet, the closest blouse I had was a long sleeved and high collared blouse. Although hers has this adorable little bow at the neckline, mine does not but I think it still passes. Her blouse is also much looser than mine. My blouse is not exactly 1940s. It is a 1970s blouse, but I think it still works. When recreating your own looks, you do not have to have 1940s vintage if you cannot find or afford it. If the piece works, then let it work until you can find a better upgrade that is in your budget and taste. For me, I love this blouse. It is a hard-wearing item that has more than paid for itself considering how often I have worn it. For my skirt, I went with a 1940s vintage skirt from one of my skirt suit sets. Although mine is a lighter color than hers, I think it still works as well. If you cannot find a vintage skirt, consider making one or finding a skirt that is plain, mid-calf in length, has a waist band, and fits you well. 


I really like this look. It is simple and I think very budget friendly. It is also very modest! If you are one who likes to cover up or needs to wear clothes to cover modern tattoos, do consider this look. You cannot go wrong with it. 







Comments