Applying the Research: A Country Look

 


Here we go again in me making up impressions and getting dressed for the camera. Such a ham, I know. For this look, I was thinking a casual trip into the country with a basket to maybe do some shopping or drop off something to a friend or maybe I'm a partisan bringing supplies to the underground. . . It's a mystery. The look I was aiming for was casual country but not too dressed up but not too dressed down either. 

The pieces I am wearing are an original German dress, an original 40s coat, a sweater, a head scarf, opaque stockings, and a basket for carrying stuff. I found the pieces used here from the following:

The Dress - War's End Shop

Sweater - Thrifted years ago

Stockings - target (years ago)

Coat - Thrifted years ago

Basket - Local antique shop (years ago)


For hair and makeup, my hair is side parted and if you are interested in trying it out for yourself, you can find the tutorial here. As for my makeup, there is none. I once again chose a no makeup look. 

A unique accessory here is the basket. Finding a period correct purse or handbag can be a little bit of a challenge especially if you are looking to not spend a fortune. At events, you may or may not have a space to hold your possessions and here a basket can really be handy. You can store your modern purse in there and any treasures you may find at the vendor area. Another alternative is a period piece of luggage. Just a thought. . . 



For my research and inspiration, a photo that I am sure you may recognize. This little wonder came from my collection, and I really liked this look because it is so simple. A plain well-tailored coat and then a head scarf to protect and cover the head. I really like this look and I would really recommend it to any newbies as well. It's plainness is a virtue and does not require too many parts. Only a good scarf, a good plain coat, and then plain leg wear and shoes. This look is also great for the chill because not every event is warm. 


Well, how did I do in interpretating a casual look for going into the country? 



Comments